How MyFairMoney is financed
MyFairMoney is an independent, non-profit, non-commercial resource platform on sustainable investing. Our mission is to provide retail investors with educational resources on sustainable investing, as well as details on the sustainability performance of financial products. MyFairMoney was built by 2° Investing Initiative and has received funding from various public institutions, which are listed below.
ADEME, Agence de la transition écologique, is a public agency under the joint authority of the French Ministry for an Ecological Transition and the French Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
ADEME works in four areas:
- ADEME organizes and contributes to the financing of research and innovation and to establishing and coordinating observation systems to better understand how industries are changing;
- ADEME implements communication campaigns to change mindsets, behaviours and purchasing and investment practices;
- ADEME acts in an advisory capacity to direct the decisions of actors in society and the economy, establishing tools and methods that suit their needs. Direct dissemination via expert advisers is a major way in which it provides its expertise;
- ADEME provides graduated financial support and promotes the implementation of regional and national references.
In the context of this project, ADEME supported the international version of MyFairMoney and to update the platform.
To learn more about ADEME, please visit their website.
The LIFE programme is the EU's funding instrument for environmental and climate action. It was launched in 1992 and has since co-financed thousands of projects. More information on the LIFE programme is available here.
MyFairMoney has benefited from LIFE funding thanks to two grants:
- The European Union LIFE Programme under Grant Agreement LIFE18IPC/FR/000010 A.F.F.A.P..
- The Life NGO Programme of the European Union under grant number LIFE20 NGO/SGA/DE/200040..
Horizon 2020 (H2020 for short) is the funding instrument for implementing the Innovation Union, an initiative to secure Europe's global competitiveness.
Through H2020, nearly €80 billion in funding is available over a 7-year period (2014 to 2020) - in addition to the private investment it aims to attract. The EU Commission expects more breakthroughs, discoveries and world firsts by bringing great ideas from the lab to the market.
MyFairMoney was supported with funding from the European Union's H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement GA 894345 as part of the LEVEL EEI project.
EIT Climate-KIC is a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), working to accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon, climate-resilient society. Supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, they identify and support innovation that helps society mitigate and adapt to climate change.
You can find more information here.
This project is part of the European Climate Initiative (EUKI). EUKI is a project financing instrument by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU). The EUKI competition for project ideas is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. It is the overarching goal of the EUKI to foster climate cooperation within the European Union (EU) in order to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.
The opinions put forward on this website are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
More about EUKI on their website.